- The large hall of the museum can be rented for concerts, if it does not
obstruct other activities in the museum.
- The hall can seat 90 people under normal conditions (e.g. small chamber ensemble).
- A good 2.25 m Bösendorfer grand piano is in the hall. For using it, the renter
must pay for its tuning, which is done by Sigurður
Kristinsson. Currently the fee is ISK 25.000.
- One 3 hours rehearsal is included in the rent at a time the renter and the museum staff
- The Museum Cafe is not open in connection with the concert and using the
facilities for private catering is not included in
- The minimum fee for concerts is 50,000 ISK.
- Sculptures in the hall will only be moved if agreed on beforehand and done by the
museum staff. It might be charged
- A Compser Union (ncb-STEF) fees must be paid for all concerts, except for students,
where protected music is performed. The hall must
collect them and deliver to the organization. According
to STEF's tariff, the minimum charge now is around ISK 6.500.